Back Yard Party Recipes are a must when it comes to enjoying your yard. That is why we are creating a new section within our website to share some of our favorite recipes. And yours, if you will share them with us.
With summer and it’s heat in full swing we look to find and enjoy flavors that stimulate the taste buds.
There are couple of versions of this southern staple floating around, but we wanted to share ours. With the name Texas Caviar ya know it is going to be something special. Below is a list of ingredients, along with the step bye step instructions for success.
Texas Caviar Back Yard Party Recipes Ingredients
- Black Beans – 2 (15 oz) cans, rinsed and drained
- Pinto Beans – 2 (15 oz) cans, rinsed and drained
- White Corn – 2 (15 oz) cans, rinsed and drained
- Chopped Green Chiles – 1 (4 ounce) can, undrained
- 1 Red Bell Pepper – Seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper – Seeded and finely chopped
- Red Onion, finely chopped
- White Onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (Leave the seeds for additional pop)
- 1 Bunch cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
Step One – Gather all of the ingredients, it makes it much easier to have everything on the counter. Including the can opener and stainer.
Step Two – Open all the canned veggies, rinse and strain everything except the Chopped Green Chiles. Combine all of the ingredients except the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
Step Three – Time to whip up the dressing. Combine the Olive Oil, Vinegar, Sugar and Garlic Powder in a pan. Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat. Let it cool completely, this could take 20 -30 minutes.
Step Four – Pour the cooled dressing over the vegetables, then stir throughly.
This recipe is a crowd favorite and a perfect appetizer with several handfuls of tortilla chips, and also as a side salad.
At Victory Gardens we love staying connected with our family and friends. We consider you family when doing business with us.Find us, follow us and connect with us on your favorite social media. Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn